1 Year On & 2 Years On ... Is This Lotus and Audi Combination a Keeper?

I'm at around 1 year of ownership for my current Lotus Exige, which makes it the longest time I've kept a Lotus (before, I think the maximum was 8 months with the Lotus Elise.) And the Audi is up to 2 years - possibly the longest I've kept a car in nearly 10 years. For someone who has chopped and changed cars like they were going out of fashion in the last 7 years or so, it's quite a relief I seem to have stabilized on these 2.

The Audi (2017 Audi A3 Sportback 190PS TFSI Quattro Black Edition in White) which I bought back in September 2022 - after a disastrous start - has proved to be a very good car. For a sensible and practical car, it is perfect, I don't need any more or any less. I have no feeling to change it any time soon. I hope it will be a part of my life for many years to come 👍.

The Exige (Lotus Exige V6 Roadster IPS) which I bought back in September 2023, has proved to be a solid car. Apart from the permanently on Engine Management Light (EML), just an O2 sensor issue at the first Anglesey Track Day to report (fixed by Bell & Colvill). The EML may be fixed in October. Again, I have no plans on selling it any time soon. I have thought it would be nice to have a manual, but there are definitely advantages of an auto (makes it a surprisingly mellow, comfortable and easy to drive car.)

I have not done as much with the Exige as I would have liked (why no blog update since July.) I do have a visit to Bell & Colvill scheduled for October (to hopefully fix the EML) and Silverstone Track Day in November. I really need to do more with the car, like go on a driving holiday, it's just been challenging finding the time. Let's see what happens in 2025 👍.

Then again, my holding onto these cars could just be that I'm sick of losing money to car traders 😂 or maybe I've just got other things on my mind than chopping and changing cars. Genuinely, I'm happy with these two. And long may it continue 🍻



Comments