2024.04.10: Lotus Exige V6 (S3) Minor Service and MOT

My minor service and MOT from Hofmanns of Henley came to £374.86 (including VAT) which I think is a reasonable price. That included £91 of 0W40 Petronas Syntium Oil, and an oil filter element kit for about £10.

The issue causing the EML light to be on was not fixed. It was cleared and again passed the MOT with flying colors. I'm wondering if I should just sticker over the EML light. The cost to troubleshoot and remediate might be expensive. I'm not sure it's worth the expense unless I wanted to sell the car. I'll book the car in especially to get that resolved at some time in the future.

A few minor things were looked at too. I'm waiting on a replacement fuel filler cap as the inner bit is lose (but parts from Lotus are very very slow.)

Next thing I want to do is fix the number plate as I realize that when it was installed the top of the plate  was lined up with the top of the license plate mount and really it should be the other way around (line up the bottom with the bottom_. I'm thinking of using velcro for the number plates so I can remove for track days.


Comments