2020.03.15: Snetterton 300 Track Day

Image: Exige V6 S Club Racer in the Snetterton Pit Lane

My Exige had it's first track-day* on Sunday 15th March at Snetterton race circuit. This was the Snetterton 300 layout, and it was fantastic, I loved it.

*First trackday with me. Not sure if the previous owners tracked the car. I think probably not because there's no front tow hook (I had to remove the grill to satisfy the race circuit officials.)

Snetterton 300 is my 5th track day after -
- and one of my favorite tracks, if not my favorite.

If I had to order and rate the tracks so far:
- Snetterton 300 (9/10)
- Croft (9/10)
- Hethel (8/10)
- Goodwood (6/10)
- Castle Combe (6/10)

The morning was dry and I had some instruction with Steve Mansell in the second session. The afternoon was wet, and I actually really enjoyed driving in the wet but everyone left after the 1st (of 3) afternoon sessions, and it seemed prudent to follow their lead - if I'd been one of the few remaining drivers and crashed, I'd have felt like a wally. The drive back home was in the wet and the Exige was very assured, I was passing many cars in fairly heavy rain, and it never felt hairy, so next time I'll stay until the end of the trackday, no matter the weather.

A couple of YouTube videos of the day:

Mileage update: 11358 to 11785 miles. Another 400+ miles on the clock.

Comments