2018.03.24: Goodwood Track Day (My First Track Day)

Saturday 24th March - my first track day with the Lotus Elise. I absolutely loved it of course, it’s an amazing privilege to be able to drive your car on the famous Goodwood Motor Circuit. The day was organized by Lotus On Track.

It was a great learning experience too. One of the things I learnt was that there’s much much much faster drivers than me. I knew I wasn’t a fast driver, but it did surprise me how quickly people caught me up. My next track day will probably be at Castle Coombe since there the sessions are Novice/Intermediate/Advanced, whereas most of the track days lump everyone together; which meant an unskilful noob like me was in sessions with vastly more experienced and faster drivers - this wasn’t a problem, just meant I had to be very aware of my mirrors so as not to hold others up unduly (and spoil their run) since overtaking is by permission only (the driver in front needs to pull to the right and indicate).

A few photos from the day are below. I do wish I’d taken some video footage (need a fixed camera for track use, and its personal use only, but could still have filmed outside the car/off circuit.)

I had to leave early to return home because I’d volunteered for work on the Sunday and needed to be in Scotland (driving up in the Audi.)

After my drives of the 21st to 24th, the odometer is now up to 6060 miles (including a few little jaunts.)

Image: Lotus Elise in the Goodwood Pit Lane - 1 of 5

Image: Lotus Elise in the Goodwood Pit Lane - 2 of 5

Image: Lotus Elise in the Goodwood Pit Lane - 3 of 5

Image: Lotus Elise in the Goodwood Pit Lane - 4 of 5

Image: Lotus Elise in the Goodwood Pit Lane - 5 of 5

Comments