Car Plans and Events 2024 [Enjoying the Lotus]

The year starts with some cosmetic touches as detailed here:

External Modification Plans for my Lotus Exige V6 Roadster

Monday 8th January (or maybe earlier) the car goes to Detail My Car. Not sure if the stripes, visor and updated number plates will have arrived by then. Will be away for a few weeks.

Once that is done, next up I have a vacation so will probably take it to the airport again (February to March).

In March I'll need to get the car checked over to see if the EML can be fixed. Also do a few other things (minor service, MOT, fuel cap central bolt is loose, heated seats not working, radio removal perhaps.) Not sure where to take the car: Hoffmans, Hendy Performance, Williams Automobiles, somewhere else ... After seeking recommendations for West Berkshire, it looks like Steve Williams Sports Cars (who I have used before) or maybe "Back on Track". To be decided ...

Which should take us up to April and then the weather should be coming back and car events returning.

Next winter, I might put my car way in storage from say late October to early April (5 months.)

Car events I'm considering (updated 10.03.2024 - strike for things no longer considering, highlight for booked, others are still on the table):

  • Saturday 20th April: [LDC] Five Zeros Supercars
  • Sunday 5th May: [LDC] Donnington Historic Festival
  • [BOOKED] Bank Holiday Monday 27th May: [Lotus On Track] Anglesey International GP
  • Sunday 9th June: Nick Mason's classic and high performance cars.
  • [BOOKED] Saturday 13th July: [LDC] Introduction to Sprinting
  • Sunday 25th August: [LDC] Silverstone Festival
  • Saturday 31st August: [LDC] Salon Prive Club Trophy, Blenheim Palace
  • Sunday 1st September: [LDC] Concours of Elegance, Hampton Court
  • Saturday 21st September: [Lotus On Track] - Hethel

And perhaps I need to re-kindle my Sunday Breakfast runs!?

Comments