3 Years Later - The Return to Lotus!

It is over 3 years since I sold my last Lotus (June 2020) -

https://lotusownersdiary.blogspot.com/2020/06/end-of-blog-changing-from-lotus-exige.html

- and now I'm planning a return to Lotus.

Strangely, it is the car I wrote about at the end of last year -

http://lotusownersdiary.blogspot.com/2022/12/dream-lotus-in-dream-spec-exige-s3.html

9 months later and that Exige hadn't sold. Part of me wishes it had sold, as it's like a perfect spec for me, so the temptation was always there, and finally I gave in.

Probably some of the reasons that made if perfect for me are a turn off for others, which maybe is why it hadn't sold. I have fond memories of my original signature orange IPS Lotus Exige. The Lotus Exige automatic version (IPS) doesn't get the greatest reviews from car journalists. For me, I had no problems with my IPS. And - in all honesty - the IPS changes gears better than I ever could. I just don't do enough fast driving to be any good at heel and toe. And if you want a usable car, automatic is the way to go. Even my manual Porsche Cayman is not pleasant when you get stuck in any sort of traffic.

So, the IPS was a tick for me.

And being the Exige Roadster spec was a tick for me (big wings and splitters aren't me.)

The arctic silver and venom red interior was a big plus (it's a bit like completing a Lotus circle, as the Lotus that started my Lotus adventure off, was a silver Evora with venom red interior, which I loved.)

The modifications (which may have put some people off) I think of as a bonus. It's not a car I ever felt really needed more performance, but a little bit more doesn't hurt. And having these upgrades on the roadster spec Exige is quite eccentric, and I like eccentric. I do hope the modifications won't prove expensive (i.e. things don't break or have reduced longevity due to the extra power and torque.)

This is my forever car (I'll keep it for as long as I can.)

From the advert:

2015 (64) registered Lotus Exige S Roadster automatic (paddleshift).
The automatic gearbox means this is one of only fifteen vehicles ever produced (re-enforced by the certificate of vehicle provenance) putting you in an ultra-rare category for this model.

Finished in Arctic Silver Metallic with complimenting Venom Red crested quilted leather sport seating and red twin needle stitching offers a highly comfortable yet exciting interior environment and unique colour combination!

Since first registration this low mileage Exige S has covered a mere 14400 miles and extensive service portfolio with previous visits recorded at 2600, 3149, 5053, 5472 and 9107 miles with the last couple of services being completed by Central Lotus in the April of 2018. Since then, due to low usage this Lotus has had one documented service with Hanger 111 when under-going the below mentioned upgrades!

Year: 2015 (64)
Exterior: Arctic silver
Interior: Venom red
Mileage: 14400
Gearbox: Automatic
Bodystyle: Roadster

Vehicle features include:

  • Race package inc:
    • DPM switch for the sport/tour/race settings
  • Premium package:
    • Leather
    • Carpets
    • Uprated trim

Other features:
– Entire body and mirrors has PPF clear wrap
– *Komotec EX430 Engine upgrade carried out by Hanger 111 (Recommended to be used with super unleaded E5 fuel)
– Above includes completely new exhaust system (with original back box) with race cats and Y pipe
– Komotec 343mm brake disc kit ref H11KTV68K2
– Upgraded IPS rebuilt gear box including
– Quaife limited slip Differential
– Completely new AC system installed

– Auto door locking mechanism
– Wiper motor
– Rear park distance control
– Variable heated front seating
– Lotus cruise control
– Bi-xenon headlights
– Convenience package
– Daytime running lights
– Electric front windows
– Alpine CDE181 radio/CD system
– Unmarked silver 17-in/18-in lightweight rims
– Pilot sport 4 tyres
– Red twin needle stitch detail
– Removeable black canvas roof
– Black fabric roof lining
– Leather trimmed door sill guards
– Textured leather dash
– Aluminium detail trim
– Venom red leather trimmed quilted door cards
– Two-tone drivers centre tunnel
– Black faced lotus embossed driver dials
– Handbrake lever in turned metal
– Three spoke black leather trimmed steering wheel
– Turned metal paddle shifts
– Metal turned passenger foot plate
– Lotus crested black carpet mats
– Metal turned pedal set

Further features include:
– Lower black hexagon rear bumper mesh grille
– Visible engine cover hatch
– Black hexagon mesh front grilles
– Aluminium style fuel cap filler
– Sculptured rear boot lid
– Front wing side indicators with Exige script
– Singular oval chromed exhaust pipe
– Black hexagon bonnet vents
– Colour-coded mirror cases
– Rear arch engine cooling vents

Comments