Dream Lotus in Dream Spec? Exige S3 Roadster IPS?

Howdy,

It is a good 2.5 years since I've owned a Lotus and recently, I found myself lusting after a Lotus again. I have had 5 Lotus cars - an Elise S3, Exige S3 IPS, Evora NA, Exige S3 Roadster, Exige S3 Club Racer - that is 1 x Elise, 3 x Exige S3, 1 x Evora.

If you really like a product, you'll keep buying it, sometimes because you are seeking the perfect spec. And clearly, the Exige S3 is my dream Lotus. But did I ever have a dream spec one?

Of the 3 I had, the first was very much a favorite and the one I most wish I still had now. The signature orange is such a gorgeous color with the gold flecks in it. And I enjoyed the IPS gearbox (it gets bad press but depends what kind of a driver you are whether you'll enjoy it or not - I'm not an aggressive driver, more of a chilled-out driver who is happy cruising.)

Of the other 2, I really liked the roadster version. I honestly don't think big wings is really me. The Club Racer was a little bit of a disappointment - it was orange but not signature orange, and it simply wasn't as good as my first.

So, dream spec looks like IPS and Roadster. But what about color?

Whilst I loved the signature orange, the first Lotus I fell head-over-heels in love with, was actually an arctic silver Evora with red leather interior, that I saw up in Edinburgh.

So, Exige S3, IPS, Roaster, Arctic Silver and red leather interior. And it just so happens that there is one on the market now (and part of me hopes someone buys it soon to save me from the temptation) at just under £40'000. And the previous owner has spent some money on it, with the Komotec EX430 kit and other upgrades - very tempting!






APPENDIX: Notes on the spec taken from the vendors website:

"Adaptive Vehicle Solutions Ltd are now able to offer this 2015 (64) registered Lotus Exige S Roadster automatic for sale in Cardiff, South Wales! Having only been released in 2013, the Exige S brought its all-new striking vehicles to the market with an easily removable canvas roof which can be folded and stowed away in the boot compartment! This provided the driver and passenger the ultimate connection to the road with the unfiltered thunder from the powerful sports exhaust, whilst providing an inviting motoring experience with the automatic paddleshift gearbox, accompanied with a certificate of vehicle provenance that states this is only one of fifteen vehicles ever produced with the automatic paddleshift gearbox.

"Being finished in Arctic Silver Metallic showing off the beautifully distinctive lines across the whole car whilst boasting the race and premium packages which will be listed below in the vehicle features, only three previous owners since its original registration and covered a mere 14400 miles (rounded up) when broken down further equates to roughly 1800 miles per annum. Prior to previous owners purchase, another dashboard had been fit recording a mileage of 2768.2 miles and has since been removed and the original re-fit.

"An extensive servicing portfolio is available displaying Lotus service records with previous service visits recorded at 2600, 3149, 5053, 5472 and 9107 miles with the last couple of services being completed by Central Lotus in the April of 2018 and a full service carried out by Hanger 111 during recent work and upgrades!

"A Venom Red crested, quilted leather sport seating interior accompanied with red twin needle stitching offers a highly comfortable yet exciting interior environment, regardless of your journey type and distance you are in for a joyous experience!"

Comments