Dream Spec Lotus Elise Cup 250 in Empire Green

Continuing on the from the previous post, I thought I'd do a dream spec Lotus Elise Cup 250.

I'm not going to do a dream spec Exige, because I've already got the dream spec ;-) (my current Exige Orange Exige S3 Club Racer). Also, I'm not going to do a dream spec Evora, because I've already had a dream spec ;-) (my previous White Evora Sport Racer). Also, an Elise Cup 250 is about affordable for me, anything higher up the range is slightly out of reach financially, and I get the feeling - if I ever did change my Lotus - I'd go back to the Elise because it's more in the Lotus ethos “Adding power makes you faster on the straights; subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”.

Using the new Lotus configurator (go to https://www.lotuscars.com), here's my dream spec Lotus Elise Cup 250.

Exterior: Paint: Empire Green

Exterior: Exhaust: Stainless Steel (Standard)

The Titanium exhaust is nice and expensive. If money is no object, why not. For me it's not worth it.

Exterior: No Carbon Fibre

Nothing selected here. Carbon Fibre is nice but expensive. For me, I don't think the weight saving benefit of a Carbon Fibre Front Access Panel/Tailgate/Aero Pack is worth it. Also, much easier to replace broken non-Carbon Fibre parts. And Carbon Fibre is a bit bling. Not for me.

Exterior: Roof: Black Soft Top

Every opportunity I'd take the soft top off. Even in the winter time, I'd put a car cover on the car. And soft tops don't get scratched up/no paint bubbling with a car cover on top.

Wheels: Gloss Black, 10 Spoke, Ultra Lightweight 16 Front / 17 Rear, Forged

Brake Calipers: Red Brake Calipers

Brake Disks: Cross Drilled and Ventilated Brake Discs (Standard)

Image: Lotus Elise Cup 250 Empire Green - Front

Image: Lotus Elise Cup 250 Empire Green - Front/Side

Image: Lotus Elise Cup 250 Empire Green - Side

Image: Lotus Elise Cup 250 Empire Green - Side/Rear

Image: Lotus Elise Cup 250 Empire Green - Rear

Interior: Leather Pack - Tan Leather

Carpets: Black Floor Mats

Interior Colour Pack: Metallic Black

Sills: Black Leatherette (Standard)

Stitch Colour: Tan

IP: Black Alcantara

IP Console: Radio Blanking Plate with No Speakers Fitted

No need for a stereo with a track car. Fire extinguisher and battery isolator is a bit over the top for my use. Hopefully I'd never use the fire extinguisher and it would end up expiring and being a waste. Those fire sticks look a better bet if you're really worried about your car setting on fire.

Climate Control: No Air Conditioning

Air conditioning is heavy and just something to go wrong. Better without (especially for a track car). Can always take the roof off or open the windows, or keep a change of clothes for when you get sweaty!

Steering Wheel: Black Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel (Standard)

Seats: Carbon Fibre Sports Seats (Standard)

Battery: Standard 12V Battery (Standard)

The Lightweight Lithium-ION 12V battery is a nice to have, but it is something that will be expensive to replace in the future. And I don't want to worry about my battery going flat if I don't use the car for a couple of weeks.

Cruise Control: No Cruise Control

No need for cruise control in a track car. And I hardly every used the Cruise Control in my Elise/Exiges.

Config code: 3G63JWnN

Image: Empire Green and Tan Leather

Comments

Post a Comment