Lotus Exige Parked Outside the House (not Garaged)

I previously blogged about my parking situation - see here.

Part of the reason why I sold the Yellow Exige V6 S Roadster was in readiness for moving house - moving to a house with a garage. That plan now has to go on hold for a little bit.

I follow some of the Facebook groups, and it always seems like Lotus Exige/Evora owners have a nice garage and often a very nice private parking area. I don't have this luxury, I just have two personal parking spaces in front of my house (one space is more in front of my neighbors house.) For insurance purposes, they usually come under residential parking (not garage, not driveway, but off the road.)

I've had the Elise, Evora, and Exige Roadster parked in front of my house and not had any problems (touch wood I won't), except I did have a dent in my Elise fibreglass door which looked remarkably like it might be from the handlebar of a child's bike (it wouldn't have been intentional damage, just young kids are scarily clumsy.)

Anyway, to prove that not all Exige V6's are cossetted in a nice warm garage, here's some photos of where my Exige is parked currently. The Burgundy Fiesta belongs to the neighbour. The Scuba Blue TT is mine.

Image: Exige parked in the wild picture 1 of 2

Image: Exige parked in the wild picture 2 of 2

Comments