August 17th 2017: Carbon Fibre Hardtop and my Parking Situation

One of the first things I did when I got my car home, was to fit a carbon fibre hardtop I’d purchased from http://www.lotushardtops.com/. I was very lucky because they’d sold out their stock, but they had one carbon fibre hardtop left which was the one that had been used in the demo pictures. The carbon fibre hardtop was advertised for £1200 (which is amazingly good value compared to official Lotus Elise Hardtops, let alone official Lotus Elise Carbon Fibre Hardtops), because I was buying the used “demo” hardtop, it cost me £1000 (I think a super bargain). Many thanks to Jon Seal!

Below is a picture of my Lotus Elise with the Carbon Fibre Hardtop on. It also shows my parking situation. As I mentioned in this post - I don’t have a garage (one of my goals is to have a house with a garage), I don’t have a driveway, just a couple of private parking places outside my house. Most of the time I’ll put a car cover on the car (which you’ll see in the next post.)

Image: Metallic Blue Lotus Elise with Carbon Fibre Hardtop

I’d never installed a Lotus Elise hardtop before, and it was a doddle, just 6 allen key screws to tighten up. And the carbon fibre hardtop is super lightweight; it’s a one man job. My hardtop didn’t come with the interior trim bits, and I think this was a good thing (less to install, and they make the cabin a little more restrictive.)

The carbon fibre hardtop looks great on the Metallic Blue Lotus Elise :-)

Comments