My Lotus Elise Spec

I’ve always loved Lotuses ever since I was boy in school, but never even dreamed of owning one until recently.

Because of where I live, the only option was a Lotus Elise (any Lotus is a great option). I have no garage, just two personal parking spaces in what to insurance companies is deemed ‘residential parking’, but these spaces are right outside my house. The parking’s not really big enough for a Lotus Evora; it would have been okay for an Exige; but better for the little Lotus Elise. And for a first Lotus, it makes total sense to start with the Elise.

I’d been looking at Lotus Elise’s for around a year (2016-2017) after a chance encounter with a Lotus Dealership - in all honesty it probably took me a year to build up the courage. I knew what I wanted; I was looking for a Lotus Elise Sport 220 (wasn’t interested in the 1.6 litre version), just waiting for the right spec to appear. And could stretch my funds for a new/nearly new model (they depreciate slowly anyway.)

And then in July 2017 it miraculously appeared on www.carandclassic.co.uk. Funnily enough, at the time I wasn’t looking for a real Lotus Elise, just looking at Google Images for a toy car, but there it was. Normally I’d look for cars in www.pistonheads.com or  www.autotrader.co.uk.

The spec I fell for was:

- Lotus Elise Sport 220
- Metallic Blue
- Black wheels
- Black leather interior with blue stitching and blue seat hoops
- Air conditioning
- Sound system
- Full carpet and sound insulation
- Cruise control


The pictures of the car from the dealership are below.

Image: 1

Image: 2

Image: 3

Image: 4

Image: 5

Image: 6

Image: 7

Image: 8

Comments

  1. Hello there, If ound you blog while surfing around. I have just bought your Lotus Elise after yoo chopped it in for the Evora, say Hi sometime, Marcus

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment