[Fixed] Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

For the first time in over a year of owning my current Lotus Exige, the EML (Engine Management) light seems to be cured. I say seem as I've only driven back from Bell & Colvill to home, a journey of around 50 miles, but that's my best experience of the EML light not coming back on after error codes -
  • P0420: Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1
  • P0430: Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2
- were cleared.

The fix was 2 x BCMS179 MIL LIGHT ELIMINATORs at £29.99 each excluding VAT (just over £70 for both including VAT.) The overall job including the fitting job "Fit both post O2 adapter sleeve and road test", was £269.98 (£323.98 including VAT.)

I'm happy finally the EML light is doing it's proper job and it will tell me if something is wrong, rather than being permanently on so I'll never know when a true issue arises. Thank you Bell & Colvill 👍

Mileage is up to 19'783. Not long now and we'll be over 20'000 miles (I think the previous owner with the AIM dash may have done around 4000 miles, which is not recorded in the original dash that I have.)

Comments