EML (Engine Management Light) Warning Lotus Exige V6 Roadster IPS

When I collected my Lotus Exige V6 Roadster IPS from Cardiff, it had the engine management light on. It had been on during my test drive a week or so earlier. But after MOT and service (£1000 paid by the seller) I was hoping everything would be perfect. The explanation I was given was to do with having race cats (Komotec EX430 kit) and I forget some of the other things that were said.

Lotus Exige V6 IPS with EML Light On

Not to be discouraged, I drove the car back home, and on a few other trips also. All the time with the EML light on. It doesn't bother me massively as I've experienced Lotus before 😂

I got an OBD2 reader from Amazon and found out what the codes were and cleared the codes.

  • P0420 generic: Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1
  • P0430 generic: Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2

ODB2 port on Lotus Exige V6

Now they are gone and the EML light is off, but will it come back!? Is it just a matter of time!? Could it be due to the car not getting much action over the last year or so!?

Lotus Exige V6 IPS with EML Light Off

To be continued...

[2023.10.08] And a day later, after a good drive, when I was nearing home, the light came on again.

We need to find a solution to sort this permanently.

To be continued...

Comments