Orange Is the New Black - Return to Solar Orange Audi S3?

Early this month on the 2nd of August 2021, I drove into Orpington Kent in my 2011 Audi A3 8P TDI Sportback Quattro with Panoramic Roof (yes, that is a bit of a mouthful), and - when I returned home - after a few days - I got a letter saying that from October 2021, I would have to pay a ULEZ charge if I want to do the same trip.

When I bought my the Audi A3 TDI back in December 2020 (it's been with me over 8 months now, which makes it quite a success with my car history), I did wonder if I had made a mistake returning to diesel (and at the time I had a nice sounding Porsche). Originally (back in December) I was looking for an Audi S3 8P, a bit like my previous Solar Orange one. I actually looked at an Imola Yellow S3, but there were a few issues with it, like an awfully silly aftermarket exhaust, and the bonnet didn't fit right.

I honestly think that my Solar Orange Audi S3 8P was my favourite all time car. Sounded great, drove great, such a happy fun car to look at, always brought a smile to my face when I was walking up to it, and I think other people appreciated it too (lots of people commented on it). To be honest, a black TDI is a bit boring for me, I like something a bit more fun.

And this is where we come to a gorgeous Audi S3 8P Sportback in Solar Orange that just happens to be up in Stockport. Yes, I'm thinking of driving all the way up to Stockport in my Black A3 (it's a 200 mile drive for me), and then coming all the way back in a Solar Orange S3. Really, after having sold my speed yellow boxster, it's time for a return to a fun colour!

To be continued...


And yes, I'd still love to return to Lotus car ownership. For now I am a one car person! My 5 year plan (if I can stop blowing money on stuff) is to be mortgage and debt free by August 2026. It is a very ambitious plan, and - of course - I still want to enjoy life (not much fun being a miser, and you never know when the grim reaper is going to come knocking, you need to enjoy the present!)

I love solar orange :-)

Comments