My New (2010) Audi S3 in Solar Orange

I failed in my New Years Resolution to not buy a car for a whole year, but can I be excused when I'm effectively buying back a previous car in the same colour as before!?

My previous Audi 8P S3 in Solar Orange is one of those cars I wished I had never sold. I absolutely loved it. It sounded perfect for what it is, a lovely burbling exhaust. And the pièce de résistance was the incredible Solar Orange paint - one colour that never fails to bring a big smile to my face (even more so that the Lotus Signature Orange). My previous Audi 8P S3 in Solar Orange was a 3-door.

My new (2010) Audi 8P S3 in Solar Orange is the 5-door sportback variant, and I think 5-door is better. Also, Solar Orange is a very rare colour, Solar Orange on the 5-door sportback 8P S3 is even rarer, so I am quite lucky that things have worked out.

The way the world is going, I honestly think I had to get away from my diesel A3. And since having sold my speed yellow Porsche Boxster, I have no colourful car anymore, and black really is quite boring for me (not sure it fits with my personality), a return to crazy Solar Orange is very welcome.

And hopefully I never sell this car (like I should never have sold my previous 8P S3 in Solar Orange.)

A couple of photos:



Even though the car only has 67'000 miles on the clock, the bonnet does have quite a lot of road rash. Of course I would like a perfect bonnet, but I have come to the conclusion that road rash on the bonnet is good, as it likely means the car has done a lot of it's miles on the motorway, which is much better than having done all it's miles in a city/bumpy country lanes. Compare this with my - now gone - Audi A3 8P TDI, which had an almost perfect bonnet: the S3's suspension feels so much fresher, none of that clonking and crashing that came with the A3.


Comments