1 Month Without A Sportscar! Still No Sportscar?

Yes, over 1 month has passed now since I sold my beloved Porsche 986 Boxster S. For the last month or so, my only ride has been my '2011 A3 TDI 2.0 Quattro Sportback Black Edition' and that is a very fine ride!

This time around, I honestly haven't missed a sportscar. I can see myself with an electric car in the future (yes, I'll miss a manual gearbox and a tuneful engine note, but not so much that I cannot live without.) And I can see this electric car being a sensible car (not a two seater sportscar), and it being my only car (you can only drive one car at a time!)

The Hyundai IONIQ 5 looks like a nice car (and recently named 'Car of the Year 2021' at the Auto Express New Car awards). That I like it suggests that I am becoming sensible (at least where cars are concerned.)


Hmmm... Well, since I've foolishly blown all my money on other stuff, the IONIQ 5 is not one for this year. Let's wait and see what turns up next year. The longer you can put off buying an electric car, the better (for reasons of range technology, charging infrastructure, etcetera...)

And there's always the upcoming Lotus "affordable" electric sportscar ;-)

Comments