Chip Express Treatment for my Audi A3 TDI

 Whilst waiting for the work to be finished on my Porsche Boxster, I've gone and spent a little money on my Audi A3 TDI. I bought a 'plug-in diesel chip tuning box' from:

Diesel Tuning with CHIP Express™

I had one of these before but stupidly let it go with my Audi TT TDI (at that time I thought I would never buy another TDI again.) They are well worth having for the performance, driveability and economy boost it gives to your diesel car.

For my Audi A3 on standard settings:

  • Power: 168 bhp -> 197 bhp
  • Torque: 350 Nm -> 407 Nm
The car is also more economical because you need less throttle for same speed/acceleration. The economy saving isn't going to recoup the cost of the box anytime soon. Say I do 12000 mile a year, spend £100 per month on diesel, and it saves me £10 per month; at that rate it will take over 3 years for me to recoup the £395 cost of the chip box. Still, £395 is relatively cheap for a 20% power boost.

Note: Remember you'll need to tell your car insurer about it.


Comments