I Have a Lotus I've Not Told You About...

I was thinking "should I change the name of my car blog" since I don't currently have a real life 1:1 scale Lotus. Then I remembered, I do have a Lotus, a 1:32 scale 2012 Lotus Exige V6 S.


I bought this Lotus in mid-2019, so I've now owned it for a year and a half. I got a yellow one because at that time I had my yellow Exige Roadster (there were many different colours in the shop). I actually bought it in Pattaya, Thailand, in the 'Royal Garden Plaza' shopping mall. If I remember, it cost me 200 Thai Baht which is about 5 pounds. It's actually a wind-up toy, you pull it back and it winds up the rear wheels, then you let go and it shots forward. It's a lovely model.

If you're curious about the model, on the underside it reads:
  • 2012 Lotus Exige S
  • KT5361 Scale 1/32
  • Kinsmart
  • Made in China
So, my blog can continue un-renamed!

In all honesty, Lotus is the brand that tugs at my heart strings. It might seem odd that I now have a Porsche and an Audi, the reasons are mostly financial. Having said that, I do absolutely love the Porsche and Audi that I own now, and want to keep them forever. You could argue that a yellow Porsche Boxster is the Porsche a Lotus fan would buy if he/she couldn't get a Lotus. Most Porsches come in such bland colours, sports cars should be in bright fun colours and not bland!

Comments