Future Plans for My Porsche 986 Boxster S

  • New set of tyres - DONE
  • Front alignment - DONE
  • Minor Service - DONE

The next things upcoming for my little yellow convertible in February is:

  • Rear Bumper repainted
  • Door Handles repainted
  • Full Enhancement Detail with Labocosmetica STC HPC Ceramic Coating
  • Brake Callipers touch up
  • Porsche Side Decals refresh/remove (can't make up my mind if with/without decals is best, I think with decals is probably better, since it makes the car a bit different to other cars out there, but maybe I'll prefer the look without)
  • Change car registration back to original (I'm no fan of private plates)
Then hopefully I can go for a bit without needing/wanting to do any more work. This is my plan (updated 14 Jan):
  • October 2021 - MOT & will get the drivers side window regulator fixed
  • February 2022 - Major Service
  • October 2022 - MOT & four wheel alignment is something I'd like to do
  • March every year 2023+ - Minor Service odd years and Major Service even years
  • October every year 2023+ - MOT & a minor job
  • The RMS (Rear Main Seal) is going to come up some time in the future (was weeping very gently in my last service - but it could be fine for a while). Normally this gets done when you have the clutch done, but at the moment my clutch is very very good, so no idea yet when I'll do this.
Note: The service slips forward a month every year until 2023, because it makes sense to have nearly half a year between MOT and service I think (i.e. 6 months between visits to a garage), also I may end up storing the car during the winter months (the weather does not trouble me so much, it's more the short days.)

And beyond that, there's load of modifications I might consider doing, starting with simple things such as removing the centre console bins, removing radio and speakers (the engine is music enough), then going further and getting larger wheels so I can fit a big brake kit, and modifying the car to make it faster. The reality is that I don't want to go crazy spending money, there's definitely enough above to go through before we get to the "beyond" stuff. And the car is pretty much perfect anyway ;-)

Going Out?

There's no point in having a lovely car and not going anywhere in it. Covid-19 has been a total pain-in-the-arse for car enthusiasts (and everyone else). Hopefully when the lockdowns are over (will it ever end...) I can take my Porsche to events. I definitely want to do at least a couple of gentle track days this year. Otherwise, there's always driving down to the South West of England to see family. If my wife comes over to England this year, I'll have to take her out in it! I've always fancied going on a driving holiday - something I've never done and hope to do so in the future.


Comments