A Month After Saying “the Audi RS3 is Here to Stay” It’s Gone!

After getting my £9999 Porsche Boxster, it started occurring to me, why do I need a £30’000+ Hatchback?

The Audi RS3 is an excellent car, but I get more pleasure out of the Porsche Boxster. And the Audi RS3 is not a very sensible daily car (not great economy, and will be expensive to maintain in the future.) So, with 58 more £570 per month payments left to pay on the car (£33k), I’ve decided it had to go.

My new rule going forward is never to spend more than £10k on a car. The Boxster was £9999 and it’s my favourite all time car. There are so many great cars you can get for £10k or less. And I stumbled across a bit of sensible advice that you should never buy a car that costs more than 10% of your income (see here).

 Tomorrow I’m checking out a car for £8495. A 2011 Audi A3 Sportback TDI with 86’000 miles on the clock...


Comments