September: Porsche Cayman 718 S Update and the Temptations of Lotus Exiges..

 A couple of things due to get done to my Porsche 718 Cayman S this month:

  • Wednesday 9th: Re-adjust and health-check the FabSpeed exhaust at DynotechRS (if you're wondering why, check out this post)
  • Wednesday 16th: Get the smokers pack fitted at Northway Porsche (see here)
After those two things are done, I've little plans to do more to the car. I was thinking of downsizing wheels, but I realize that for every inch, you lose 1.5 cm of ground clearance (not quite an inch because the tyres on smaller wheels have more profile) and I like the usability of the Cayman. I'm still thinking of changing the wheels colour to silver/satin grey/diamond cut, but no rush to do this, and when I do that, I'd sort out the uneven tread depth of my rear tyres (due to the puncture and my replacing only one tyre.) The Fourdot plates will be done sometime, again no rush.

I'm tempted to give the car a health check before a couple of trips in October (I've got a short holiday in the Lake District which will be a 600 mile round trip, then a 500 mile round trip to Anglesey and back for a trackday) My reason is partly because I've been hearing a rattle or a scraping which sounds like it's from the right rear, which could be brakes, but I'm hoping the Exhaust health-check sorts that.

As always, Pistonhead keeps serving up many lovely Lotus Exige V6 S to taunt me. In my head I know that I want to manage with just one car; in my heart, I'd love to go back to the Exige V6 S Roadster and Audi S3 combination that I briefly had. I reckon the combination of my yellow Exige V6 S Roadster, and the solar orange Audi S3 8P, was my best ever combination of cars - the perfect combination (and - typically - only after something has gone do you truly appreciate what you had). I am loving my Cayman 718 S, just my heart is with an Exige V6, like this one for sale at £34990 in West Sussex:

Image: Lovely Solar Yellow Lotus Exige V6 S Roadster...

Image: ... with custom factory bespoke Alcantara interior.

I have to resist. I must get out of my debts (which is mostly car finance to be fair, I could just sell up my car - like I did a nearly a year ago - and that would be that). "A fool and his money are easily parted!" "Beware the evils of credit!"

Comments