Changing Wheel Size on my 718 Cayman S?

One thing having a puncture has made me think about, is would I consider downsizing my wheels. My Cayman has the 20-inch Carrera S wheels on, and they look fantastic. But there can be advantages to smaller wheels (which is the subject of debate in many articles on the net.)

I went on the Porsche configurator and compared my 20 inch wheels to 19's and 18's, just to get an idea. Whilst the 20 inch wheels look the best, the 19's and even 18's still look good. I think with GT Silver Metallic, the gloss black wheels work best. Still, I'd be curious to try on graphite or a dark silver.

I spec-ed up some OZ Racing Alloys with tyres on from https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/ to get an idea for costs and what's available. Pictures of Porsche factory wheels, OZ wheels, and details below.

Image: Porsche 718 Cayman with 20-inch Carrera S wheels painted black (high-gloss)


 Image: Porsche 718 Cayman with 19-inch Cayman S wheels


Image: Porsche 718 Cayman with 18-inch Boxster wheels


Option 1:

  • 18” OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT Graphite Wider Rear
  • £2549 with 4 x Dunlop Sport Maxx GT (Porsche Approved) Tyres

 Image: 18” wheel option


Option 2:

  •  19” OZ Racing Leggera HLT 5 x 130 Grigio Corsa Wider Rear
  • £2889 with 4 x Yokohama Advan Sport V105 Tyres

Image: 19” wheel option



Comments