Porsche 718 Cayman S - Turbo Boost Pressures Stock vs Tuned?

I've now had my tuned Porsche 718 Cayman S for 2 weeks and I am absolutely loving it. I drive with the windows open so I can hear the low rumbly sound coming from the Fabspeed Exhaust. And the exhaust sound will only get better with age :-)

Something interesting I learnt from my tuner (http://www.dynotechrs.co.uk/) was that the turbo max boost pressures are different in normal, Sport, Sport+.

Mode   | Stock       | Tuned
       | Bar  (PSI)  | Bar  (PSI)
-------+-------------+------------
Normal | 0.75 (10.9) | 0.93 (13.5)
Sport  | 0.93 (13.5) | 1.10 (16.0)
Sport+ | 1.00 (14.5) | 1.35 (19.6)

I usually start in Normal, wait for the oil temperature to come up to the water temperature (~90 degrees), then switch to Sport+ (pops and crackles aren't my thing, which is why I skip Sport).

It will be interesting to see the longevity of the clutch and gearbox with > 20% increased power and torque (441 bhp and 586 nm). With my gentle driving, it should last forever!

To finish the post, a few pictures. A couple from Combe Gibbet and Walbury Hill. And four pictures of the Fabspeed Exhaust installation.

Image: 718 Cayman S at Combe Gibbet

Image: 718 Cayman S at Walbury Hill

Image: Fabspeed Exhaust installation on 718 Cayman S: 1 of 4

Image: Fabspeed Exhaust installation on 718 Cayman S: 2 of 4

Image: Fabspeed Exhaust installation on 718 Cayman S: 3 of 4

Image: Fabspeed Exhaust installation on 718 Cayman S: 4 of 4

Comments