The Porsche 718 Cayman S is the Best Car I’ve Owned!

Kind of inevitable, my first Porsche is the best car I’ve owned.

The Porsche 718 Cayman S is definitely not as fast as the Lotus Exige V6. And there are some things I miss about my Lotus Exige V6 - the sound, the race car like experience, the steering, the simplicity, the marque, the bonkerishness - overall the Cayman is the better car. For me, it’s much better to have just one car - the Cayman - than my previous 2 car solution - Exige and Audi TT.

I love that the Cayman can be totally chilled when you want it to be. The Exige always felt slightly uncomfortable (perhaps even silly) with just pottering around, or doing a motorway slog; that’s not what an Exige is for, it’s not its personality. The Cayman has an easy personality, drive it chilled or drive it fast, do boring things in it or fun things, it is happy either way.

The elephant in the room with the 718 Cayman S is the 2.5 Turbo Flat 4. And, whilst I do miss the wild supercharged V6 in the Exige, I am very happy with the 2.5 Turbo Flat 4. And I knew I would be happy with it; of my 24 cars, more than 10 were turbo charged. I’ve always liked turbo charged cars, and not needing to chase the redline to get the car to go; always loads of low down effortless torque. In reality, a Flat 6 might have been wasted on me. Still, I might have some plans for the exhaust in the future (for another post).

The quality, interior, comfort, everything is perfect with the 718 Cayman S. To look at it, the car doesn’t have a bad angle, it’s absolutely gorgeous. The interior is the nicest car interior of any car I’ve ever owned. Even the car registration is great. I love it.

Image: Bordeaux Red and Black Leather 718 Cayman S Interior

Image: GT Silver Metallic 718 Cayman S: 1/4

Image: GT Silver Metallic 718 Cayman S: 2/4

Image: GT Silver Metallic 718 Cayman S: 3/4

Image: GT Silver Metallic 718 Cayman S: 4/4

Comments