I've Pulled the Trigger on a Fabspeed Exhaust and ECU Tune for my Porsche 718 Cayman S

Continuing on from the previous post 'An Aftermarket Exhaust for my Porsche 718 Cayman S?'. I've done it. I've pulled the trigger on a Fabspeed Supercup Turboback exhaust system and ECU tune for my 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman S. This is the first time I've purchased an aftermarket exhaust.

5 weeks wait now for the system to arrive. Then arrange fitting. Optimistically, in the week of July 20th we'll get the system installed, and ECU tune applied.

The Cayman is already a very swift car, not ballistic like the V6 Exige was, just very very swift. So smooth and effortless in it's delivery that before you know it, you're destroying the speed limit. Many times already, I've accelerated to join a dual carriageway and - once safely joined - look at my speedometer, and it's already *ahem*!

I already like this car very much. I like it more than my Evora. Of all my previous cars, the Evora is the one that when you're driving most made me think "this is a really really nice car, a very nice place to be", and the Cayman is better.

I've always loved the effortlessness of turbo charged cars, the wads of low down torque, and that I can make swift progress without the engine having to make much fuss (i.e. not chasing the redline). Turbo's suit the way I like to drive - smooth, effortless, and without much fanfare.

 I already like the low rumbley sound of the flat 4 turbo with the Porsche sports exhaust. And I like what I hear on YouTube with the Fabspeed exhaust reviews. The Fabspeed exhaust and ECU tune will be the icing on the cake to make the 718 Cayman S an unbelievably good car.

Watch this space for my review of the exhaust and ECU tune when I get it. The plan is to do a before and after driving video from inside the cabin, which I'll post this on my YouTube channel.

Fingers crossed, everything is sorted before I go on a trackday on 17th August.

Image: Porsche 718 Boxster/Cayman Fabspeed Supercup Turboback Exhaust System

Comments