Exige Orange v Signature Orange

Going through a few emails I came across a picture of my very first (Signature Orange) Exige V6 S post detail. And it was an interesting comparison to compare with a similar photo of my current (Exige Orange) Exige V6 S Club Racer.

Originally, when I bought my Exige V6 S Club Racer, I thought it was Signature Orange, but the detailers said it was a different orange (their eyesight for colour is better than mine). Also, reading from 'The Lotus Forums':

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/72960-lotus-reveal-exige-s-club-racer/
"The Exige S Club Racer is available in Metallic White, Exige Orange, Metallic Yellow and Matt Black (option)"

So I'm pretty sure my club racer is Exige Orange (quite a close colour to Signature Orange just not as strong a gold fleck, and a slightly different tinge).

Perhaps the pictures below don't do my club racer justice, but there's definitely a difference. I think you can see the extra gold content in Signature Orange makes it glow more.

Do I wish I'd kept my original Exige (and not changed to Evora, to Exige Roadster, to Mazda MX-5 RF - which I webuyanycar-ed - and back to Exige Coupe)? In all honesty, yes, if anything because I'd have saved well over £30'000. The automatic gearbox in that Exige never bothered me, I really loved the blips on downshift.

Still, I can't be happier with my Exige now. And I've got some plans to make it even better!

Image: Lotus Exige V6 S - Signature Orange - Detailed

Image: Lotus Exige V6 S Club Racer - Exige Orange - Detailed

PS Future Exige plans:
- Black Pack Wrap on the rollover hoop.
- Change wheel colour to gunmetal.
- Carbon fibre side sills.
- Put on my personalized plate (which is a 14 plate)...
- Side skirts
- Hangar 111 (Komotec) Engine Modification(s)

Comments