2020.05.08 - Short Shopping Run in the Exige

Still in Covid-19 lockdown in the UK. Friday 8th of May 2020 was a public holiday, and I'd not used my Exige since the 2nd, needed some shopping from M&S, so perfect excuse to go for a short drive.

I went a slightly longer route than necessary to give the Exige a proper run. Really, my return trip to M&S is about 4 miles, I stretched it to more like 14 miles (still not a long drive):
A339 through Newbury > Bath Road > A34 South > B4640 North > A339 North > M&S

I was on the road around 9am, and it was so beautifully quiet. The image below shows how unbusy the roads were even at 1:30pm.

The Exige Orange Exige Club Racer is a fantastic car. It makes me smile like no other car I've had.

It's kept under a car cover (I'd much prefer to keep it in a garage, alas, I don't have a garage) for the main reason that it keeps off the bird poo and cats, and keeps the car out of sight (I don't worry about it - so much anyway - when the car cover is on, and having no worries is a very good thing). Rolling my bland blue and gray car cover off to reveal the bright Orange colour underneath, makes me very happy. I've said it before - "Orange is the colour of the Happiness Machine!" - I wouldn't have an Exige in any other colour.

Image: Newbury and A34 Traffic at ~ 1330 on 8 May 2020 (Bank Holiday Friday)

Comments