2020.05.02: Collecting the Exige from Car Storage

I've liberated the Exige from car storage!

A brief YouTube video here:

"Saturday 2nd May 2020 at 10:30am.
A short drive today. Collecting my Exige V6 from car storage. No theatrics in this drive, just very sensible driving. As I write this, the UK is still in their C-Virus Lockdown phase, so no non-essential journeys, freedom curtailed. Amazing how quiet it is. Saturday at 10:30am is normally mayhem. At the start of the video, a good 8 minutes before I come up behind someone."

The infamous spanner light for 30 seconds has come on. I'm not particularly worried about it as I had the same on my Elise and it was just some non-critical sensor. Whilst the UK is still in lockdown, I'll have to leave it for a while until I can get it checked.

Advice from Facebook is that an OBD reader won't diagnose the spanner light (Lotus specific error not understood by generic readers.) I might still buy an OBD reader anyway, I think it's a useful thing to have.

The plan for the Exige whilst the UK is still in the C-Virus Lockdown phase is to use it for my essential shopping trips (which aren't really essential, I could walk to the supermarket - it is essential for any car to get the fluids moving every so often.)

My trackday line up had to change. Because of the C-Virus Anglesey got cancelled. I booked two in it's place (the Anglesey and Oulton Park double-header.):


With having done Millbrook and Snetterton at the start of the year, the remaining 4 trackdays complete the 6 for free on my insurance.

Every trackday is a first time for me. At the end of this year I'll still have some awesome UK tracks that I've never done a trackday at like Silverstone and Cadwell Park. And all those tracks outside of England still to be experienced.

At the end of the year I'm going to review my car ownership. We'll see where the economy is. Perhaps I will need to tighten my belt and go back to one car.


Comments