2020 Lotus Exige Plans

Now my Exige is tucked away for the wintertime, time to plan for the New Year!

I plan to make good use of my Exige in 2020. Starting March and ending September - generally not far either side of the equinoxes (March 20 and September 23). I find it more enjoyable driving cars in daylight (pretty sure everyone’s much the same), so like to save the Exige (my pleasure mobile) from the dreary winter months of short days and long nights.

My plans are below. 4 track days, all tracks I’ve never driven on before (I’ve only done 4 track days in my life: Goodwood, Croft, Hethel, Castle Combe + some driving experiences at Thruxton.) I’ve never been on an arranged driving adventure, so have tentatively put down 2 possibilities. Generally, I tend to avoid shows as I find them a bit boring (but they do have their uses) - I like participation (I like driving).

03/15 Sunday: Track day: Snetterton 300 (LoT) - 500 miles
04/11-13 Saturday - Monday: Wye Valley Driving Adventure (LDC) - 300 miles
05/17 Sunday: Track day: Anglesey International GP (LoT) - 600 miles
06/?? TBC: Mid-year service and MOT extension
06/24 Wednesday: Track day: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (LoT) - 300 miles
08/17 Monday: Track day: Donington Park National (LoT) - 350 miles
09/18-21 Friday - Monday: Mike Stripe Memorial Event Yorkshire Driving Adventure (LDC) - 600 miles

Which comes to under 3000 miles on an allowance of 5000.

In February I’ll get the car detailed (it’s stored with the detailer), so that it’s protected and easy to clean. I’m not bothering about PPF as there’s already the odd stone chip so it’s too late anyway, and I’ve never been massively impressed by PPF on my cars. For 2021 the car will be serviced in March.

Originally, I'd planned 6 track days. I decided 4 is plenty and makes sure there is at least a clear month in between each track day. For 2021 and beyond, that'll still leave many awesome circuits I've never been to.

Regards the driving adventures, I've not yet booked anything and might make up my own itinerary. I will put some consideration into this in the New Year.

Image: Lotus Exige V6 S Club Racer

Image: Lotus Exige V6 S Club Racer Interior

Comments