2019.12.14: Lotus Exige V6 S Club Racer - Collection Day

Saturday 14th December, and I've collected my 3rd Lotus Exige S3 and 5th Lotus. This one from Cameron Sports Cars.

This is my 5th Lotus:
- 2017 Lotus Elise Sport 220 (Metallic Blue)
- 2016 Lotus Exige V6 S with Automatic (Signature Orange)
- 2014 Lotus Evora NA Sports Racer (White)
- 2015 Lotus Exige V6 S Roadster (Yellow Pearlescent with pink flecs in...)
- 2016 Lotus Exige V6 S Club Racer (Signature Orange)

Image: Lotus Exige V6 S Club Racer in Signature Orange - Collection Day

I had planned a minor road trip for collection day. After a work call I headed straight for home to be near a laptop, which turned out not to be necessary. Also, I'd planned to record some video footage, and this turned out to be a bit of a fail because the GoPro app was not on my phone. Nevermind.

Image: First road trip ~ 60 miles

Even with just a motorway jaunt back home, I had a massive smile on my face driving the Exige. This is the best Lotus I've had and one that I really hope I will keep forever. As stated in the previous post, this is dream spec Exige V6 S for me. Signature Orange is my favourite Exige colour, and the Club Racer Spec is the best for me: I love the grey Alcantara with orange stitch, love the un-carpet-ed interior showing the aluminium tub, love the orange center section - absolutely perfect!

Driving it back home on the motorway, I did think whether my current plan to keep it just for road trips and track days is a good plan, I seriously could drive this everyday (and did daily drive my Exige V6 S Roadster). For now, be sensible, stick with the plan, but plans can always change. The one definite, I'm not selling this one!

Final word on financing this. Since I'd sold my previous Exige Roadster a couple of months ago, and gone and paid off a chunk of my mortgage, I had £11000 deposit on a car priced at £42990 (arguably a little overpriced, and if I was any good at haggling, I'd have had a go at getting a grand or two off). So I needed to finance £31990 and I did this using Hire Purchase (HP) + Balloon. The Balloon is £23k which leaves me with £340 to pay every month for 48 months, which I think is reasonably affordable.

Comments