The Future of this Blog

‘A Lotus Owners Diary’ now is without the titular Lotus.

My two excellent cars:

- 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF GT Sport Nav+ (2.0 litre petrol)
- 2010 Audi S3 (2.0 litre turbo petrol)

After having gone slightly crazy buying and selling cars (like an addict), the plan that I’m going to stick to (need to stick to) going forward is this:

1) Pay off personal loan* by the end of the 2019.
*Currently £8000, should be £1500 after the funds from selling my Exige come in.
2) Audi S3 car loan** paid off by middle of 2020.
*Currently £5000.
3) Interest-free credit card*** paid off by middle of 2021.
***Currently £10000.
4) Moving to a new house (and getting a nice garage) then takes priority!
5) Only with savings in the bank (no loans of any sort) can I buy cars in the future.

Say 2024 I can start looking in AutoTrader and Pistonheads again. Until then, looking in AutoTrader and Pistonheads is a total waste of time.

Some things I might like to do in the meantime:

- Audi S3 Stage 1 Revo map (up to 308bhp) ~ £500
- BBR GTI MX-5 ND Super 220 with exhaust (220bhp+) ~ £3000

Rule: Don't spend money upgrading a car until you've had it for at least a year (I paid for 3 details for cars I kept barely 6 months!)

And of course, there's always car simulation computer games like:

- Assetto Corsa
- Forza Horizon

In the future, I’d like to own cars and never sell them!

Image: Considering the BBR GTI Super 220 upgrade for my MX-5 in the future

Comments