2019.03.23: Garage Update: SEAT Ibiza gone, Audi S3 arrives

I made the decision that the combination of Lotus Evora and SEAT Ibiza wasn't really working. The idea of having the 2 cars was that they'd both share daily driver duties. It turned out that the Lotus Evora is just so nice that it was always a very easy decision to pick up the Lotus keys over the Ibiza keys, pretty much all the time.

The SEAT Ibiza 1.4 FR Black Edition is an excellent car, just that alongside a Lotus Evora it is understandably always going to be second choice.

My new plan is to have 2 cars that I love, and rotate them into car storage, so that I only have 1 car parked outside my house at a time, thus conserving the Lotus a little (it will hibernate over winter now). From Saturday 23rd March, I have a Solar Orange 2010 Audi S3. I loved the orange Exige, and whilst I started looking for a black Black Edition S3, I realized that for smile factor, you just can't beat an orange car.

A couple of things I plan to change on the car:

1) Get a Double-DIN head unit (to replace the current Single-DIN unit) with Apple Car Play/Android Auto + reversing camera. I don't like parking sensors - the beeps can be very annoying - the reversing camera in my Evora is excellent!

2) Minor license plate change (not changing the reg number.)

Otherwise, the car is in remarkably good nick for a 2010 car with nearly 70'000 miles on the clock.

Time for me to stop crazily changing cars every few months, I need to stick with what I have for at least 3 years (so I can clear my debts and save for a house move to something with nice garage space.)

Image: Solar Orange Audi S3 front and side

Image: Solar Orange Audi S3 rear and side

Image: Solar Orange Audi S3 side profile

Image: Audi S3 interior

Comments