2019.01.13: Autosport International Show

On Sunday 13th January, I took a trip up to the Birmingham NEC to attend the Autosport International show. I actually paid for the VIP pass (around £120). The VIP pass includes parking (unlike the other tickets which were around £30), so the difference for me (as a solo attendee) was around £70.

Was the extra £70 worth it?

Well, there was a nice VIP lounge with free drink and free food, and the VIP enclosure at the live arena had breakfast baps and drinks (I had a couple of small bottles of Heineken), and the good-ie bag came with some nice stuff (USB powerbanks are always handy). Arguably I didn’t take best advantage of VIP Club membership, so it wasn’t good value for me. I had hoped there would be VIP parking, but this was not the case (just free car parking in standard car parks).

I’ve never visited Autosport International before and I am unlikely to again, simply because I see something once, I don’t need to keep going back every year to see pretty much the same thing. I enjoyed the live show and looking around the other halls. Pictures below and more on my YouTube channel (when I get around to it.)

With a visit midweek to Colchester, and the trip to the NEC:

Miles travelled since last post = 21733 - 21248 = 485
Petrol = 75.93 litre or 16.69 gallons
MPG = 29.06 mpg

Getting close to having done 2000 miles in the Evora in under 2 months!

Image: Dirty Lotus Evora at Birmingham NEC Car Park

Image: Schmee’s McLaren Senna at Autosport International

Image: Lotus Evora GT4 at Autosport International

Comments