2019.01.01: Lotus Evora New Year’s Day Update

Not much happened today, except I checked my oil and coolant levels for the first time since purchase (was pretty easy to do and all good), and windscreen washer fluid levels (I added two pints of -10 degrees Celsius rated washer fluid, could have added more too.) I also went to my local Shell garage to fill up with V-Power and did a tiny bit of shopping at the local Sainsburys.

Mileage at fill up = 21060 miles

The MPG for the mostly short trips I’ve done since the 19th of December is:

Miles travelled between fill ups = 21060 - 20968 = 92 miles
Petrol = 18.12 litres or 3.98 gallons
MPG = 23.12 mpg

Currently, January’s trips are panning out as 2nd Uxbridge, 6th Bicester Heritage, 10th Colchester, 13th Birmingham NEC, nothing yet planned for the second half of the month.

We have some sub-zero weather conditions coming up, no snow though. One thing I noticed last time the night was sub-zero was ice forming inside the window, I’m going to see if my Rabbitgoo Sun Shade prevents this (you wouldn’t think it would but...) - will update in the next post.

Image: Rabbitgoo Sun Shade for internal frost prevention? (To be continued...)

Comments