2018.09.28/29: Lotus 70th Anniversary and Classic Car Experience

My Lotus Exige came out of storage on Friday 28th September.

The first trip - on Friday 28th - was up to Heyford Park close to Bicester to partake in a Classic Car Experience (check out https://www.udrivecars.com/). I’d never actually driven a classic car before, and this day I got to drive 3 classics:

- 1970’s Aston Martin Vantage
- 1973 Porsche 911 RS
- 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback

All great experiences. My favourite was the slowest of the bunch - the Aston - with lovely soft seats. The Porsche disappointed with its manual gearbox (the other two were automatic), the gearbox was so wobbly and vague - fair enough it’s an old car! The Ford Mustang was super fun, steering had a lot of play so you’re going down the straight making constant corrections. If I had the facilities, money, and mechanical skill, I’d love a classic!

A short YouTube video of the cars is here:

After leaving Heyford Park, I drove - in the Exige - to Phoenix House B&B (check out http://www.bed-and-breakfast-in-norfolk.co.uk/contact-us/) to stay for the night. A very nice place to stay.

Saturday 29th morning was an early start to get to Lotus Group HQ in Hethel for the Lotus 70th Anniversary celebration / Lotus Festival 2018. Check out my YouTube playlist/videos here:


And a few photos - of my car - from the day:

Image 1: Parked on the North Circuit

Image 2: Parked on the North Circuit

Then it was back home. I stopped off at the Holiday Inn Winnersh - since I don’t like parking my Exige outside my house for a night. And Sunday 30th the Lotus Exige went back into storage where it might stay for a few months because the next few months are a bit busy, and it’s nearly wintertime (first time I’ve ever SORN-ed a car.)

Total journey miles = 397 miles
Mileage on my Exige = 6439 miles

Comments