2018.07.21: New Addition to the Car Line-Up! 2007 Mazda MX-5 Mk3 2.0i ZSport Limited Edition

After having for most of my car owning life only had 1 car, now - 8 months after becoming a 2 car owner for the first time - I become a 3 car owner. I have purchased a ‘2007 Mazda MX-5 Mk3 2.0i ZSport Limited Edition’ which has 160 BHP and a 0-60 of 7.9seconds (at least it did have.)

I decided I needed a 3rd car for these reasons:

1) Something nice but inexpensive to drive to the car storage place and exchange for my Lotus Exige V6 so:

i: My Audi A3 is always available for work duties.
ii: More convenient to drive to the car storage place than get a lift to/from.

2) Something that’s a bit fun and means I won’t miss my Exige so much!
3) Something to keep the miles down a little on the Audi A3 and use for fun trips where the Audi isn’t a good fit.

And the Mazda MX-5 fits the bill perfectly. It came in under my budget of £5000 at £4495. I'm positive I could not have got anything more perfect for under £5000. Okay, the one I’m going to collect does have 89’000 miles on the clock, but otherwise it’s a peach - a nice rare Limited Edition spec with full Mazda dealer service history. And it’s based on the old Lotus Elan, so a little bit Lotusey.

This will be the 16th car I’ve owned and my first experience of owning a Japanese car.

I’m hopeful that with a -

- 2016 Lotus Exige V6 S
- 2013 Audi A3 Sportback TDI Quattro
- 2007 Mazda MX-5 2.0i

- all my car needs are solved. And hopefully - since these are all excellent and very keep-able cars (which I love/like very much) - I will not be buying/exchanging cars again for some time (I hope for 2025 at least.) My financial situation requires me to stop spending money on cars.

Here are some pictures (taken from the car dealers site.)

Image: 01 Radiant Ebony Mica paintwork

Image: 02 Bespoke 17-inch BBS multi-spoke alloy wheels as standard

Image: 03 2.0 litre and 160 BHP

Image: 04 Stone-coloured leather upholstery

For further information on this spec see:

“Exclusive exterior features of the MX-5 ZSport include unique Radiant Ebony Mica paintwork, bespoke 17-inch BBS multi-spoke alloy wheels, a stylish chrome front grille surround complete with other exterior chrome touches and discreet ZSport badging.”
“Inside, there is special Stone-coloured leather upholstery, a brushed aluminium dash panel, chrome air vent bezels, climate control air conditioning and alloy pedals. Just 400 examples of the ZSport will be available in the UK.”

Comments