2018.04.21: Trip to Targa Florio Cars

On Saturday 21st, I went for a drive in the Lotus Elise to Targa Florio Cars. And the reason was to look at another Lotus!

The round trip was around 150 miles, putting the odometer up to 6426 miles.

I've been down the route of saying "I'll keep the Lotus Elise forever". Really, statements like that are quite dumb. Circumstances change.

I love the Lotus brand and know I want to have a Lotus in my life. Circumstances have changed since I got the Lotus Elise though. I no longer have any intention of using a Lotus Elise as a daily car/a car for every day use. The Lotus is far too special to use for the mostly boring and mundane drives I have to do, and I always want somewhere nice to park it (not a given with my destinations). The Lotus is my fun car which I do fun things with, the comfort car is for everything else.

So, with my circumstances changing, I'll only use a Lotus for track days and very special trips. I was thinking that if I keep the Elise I'd go for the Exige side pods, get some side skirts, and perhaps do some other things. That got me to thinking, why don't I just buy an Exige rather than modifying a stock Elise? I'd driven the Exige V6 S at the Lotus Driving Academy and loved it. Perhaps I'm a bit of a weirdo, but I also really fancied getting the auto gearbox (has good advantages for me). Also, I quite fancied something just a little larger/with more road presence than the Elise. So, the plan is to part-exchange the Elise for an Exige V6 S Auto on Saturday May 5th.

The picture below is the Exige I went for. The signature orange may not be to everyone's tastes, but I love it, it's the recommended colour for Leos (astrology is always right - wink), and it's my fun car so make sense to have it in a colour that brings a big smile to my face every time I see it:

Image: Lotus Exige V6 S Auto in Signature Orange

I'm not foolish enough to say I'll keep it forever but I hope to keep it for a very long time (and anyways, I'm stretching my finances slightly to get it so changing isn't going to be an option for a while, at least not until the 5 years of finance finishes.)

Comments