2018.03.21 & 22: Getting the Car Seat Squeak Fixed

The replacement seat rails for my Lotus Elise were in at the start of the month. On the Wednesday 21st April, I drove back across the Severn Crossing to Newtown Motors (Cwmbran) to get the seat fixed. I stayed at ‘The Priory Hotel and Restaurant’ at Caerleon on Wednesday night, so I could get the Lotus in early - this is a nice hotel and I had a great breakfast.

Image: Breakfast at ‘The Priory Hotel’ Caerleon - picture 1

Image: Breakfast at ‘The Priory Hotel’ Caerleon - picture 2

On Thursday 22nd April, I was in Newtown Motors just after 8am and handed over the keys to my Lotus Elise. My courtesy car was a Vauxhall Corsa. In fairness the Corsa isn’t a bad car, but it felt like a massive step down from the Lotus. Since I have a nice Audi, in the future I want to avoid courtesy cars (I’ll just have to find a reasonable local Lotus Service Centre that’s easy to get to/from with public transport - I think I know where...)

I had the Corsa for a day, and in the morning of the 23rd I’d be back to collect the Lotus. This might be my last visit to Newtown Motors, it’s simply not local for me.

Comments