2018.02.18: My Garage Update

The YouTubers always talk about their “garage”. I don’t have a garage but I’ll say “my garage” to mean the cars I own (which is only 2).

The SEAT Ibiza is gone after less than 3 months!

The SEAT Ibiza was the first time I’d owned 2 cars, so I really wasn’t sure what I was looking for, with having a second car. In the last couple of months, I’ve realized that what I want is:

1) A fun car (the Elise)
2) A comfort car

The SEAT Ibiza 1.2 Turbo FR is a fine car. If anything, it’s more of a fun car than a comfort car - it’s definitely not a motorway cruiser. In the last month or so my circumstances have changed too, which means I might be doing a lot more driving, perhaps 600 miles a week. I decided to go back to the most comfortable car I’ve ever owned, and a car I know well, the Audi A3.

I wanted:

- 2013+ model Audi A3 MK3
- Sportback (I want 5 doors)
- Turbo Diesel (it's my comfort car)
- S-Tronic (it's my comfort car)
- Quattro: since I hate front-wheel scrabble and do love the plantedness of Quattro
- The 184 PS (181 bhp) engine (all A3 MK3 TDI Quattros are 184 PS)
- Scuba blue metallic (from here on I’m only ever buying blue)
- Ideally in the Sport spec (I don’t like the S-Line spec)

And the great news is that I found exactly what I was looking for at a car supermarket: a one owner 63 reg (registered November 2013), with under 30’000 miles. The financials worked out well. And now I’m very happy to have an Audi A3 as my comfort car. Ofcourse I’ve gone straight ahead and added my chipexpress box to boost it to 220 PS (217 bhp).

It also came with reverse-parking sensors and heated front seats (not something I’ve ever been bothered about, but a nice to have). It didn’t have in-car SatNav, which doesn’t bother me at all - I prefer to use Waze on my iPhone. It only had the cloth seats - which again doesn’t bother me (a dream spec would have been the off-white Alcantara I’d had in my first A3).

And a picture below.

Image: Audi A3 MK3 Sportback TDI Quattro Sport

Comments