2018.02.17: Riverside West Car Park (Wandsworth) and London Classic Car Show Visit

With having the second car, it’s keeping the trips in my Lotus down to more special journeys. On Saturday 17th February I drove my Lotus Elise into Riverside West Car Park in Wandsworth, so I could get on the public transport to go across London to the Excel Exhibition Centre and visit the London Classic Car Show. When I get around to it, I’ll upload the video of my drive into London to my YouTube Channel.

I learnt about the Riverside West Car Park from an advert in the Classic Cars magazine. The location is good for me coming from the West. I never fancy driving through Central London, so a decent car park to the west of centre is handy. Riverside West Car Park is a very good car park, nice wide bays and excellent lighting. You can even rent parking spaces, or even rent a garage within the car park. Check out their webpage here -
- I wonder if that’s where Shmee parks his cars?

The Lotus Elise is actually a pretty good city car (who would have guessed) since it’s small and nimble (take it steady over speed bumps though and keep an eye out for potholes to avoid). I don’t have much issue with visibility either.

It was a roughly 120-mile round trip. And with a few other smaller jaunts (like taking the Elise to be washed in Tesco), this puts the mileage up to around 5300 miles.

I will also post some iPhone videos from the London Classic Car Show to my YouTube Channel (it’s a crap channel in all honesty, not managed even 1 follower, and frankly it’s so crap I wouldn’t follow myself, but I quite enjoy posting crap.) It’s difficult to get good footage (either photos or videos) from Car Shows when there’s lots of people around (unless you’re patient - which I’m not - or more professional than me - which isn’t hard to be.) A couple of my favourite photos are below.

Not sure much beats a red Lamborghini Countach for crazy cool looks.

Image: Red Lamborghini Countach (pronounced C^nt-ash which rhymes with Huntash)

I love the Jaguar XJ220.

Image: Green TWR Racing Jaguar XJ220

Comments