2017.12.12: Why I’ve not used the Elise for nearly a Week

Part of me wonders if I’m being too precious (I admire the ‘Daily Driven Exotics’ ethos!) The winters are too mild in Southern England to put on Winter tyres (IMHO); that doesn’t mean we don’t sometimes get bad weather, and this week was one of those where I was happy to be conserving my Elise and taking the Ibiza (also had a fair few work runs to places with car parking unknowns.)

2017.12.10: Driving to work in Harlow. The snow decided to fall and unfortunately we don’t really do snow in Southern England so everything ground to a halt. I left home at 8am, by 09:15 I’d travelled about 50 miles, then got stuck in a jam on the M25 and didn’t move (hardly) for 45 minutes. I had to abandon trying to get to the customer’s site and instead pulled off onto the M40 to go back home, stopping at Beaconsfield services on the way. I needed a push to get out the car park. Then I needed another push when I got stuck at the side of a road.

Image: Stuck in the M25 Northbound in snow (close to the M40 junction)
Image: The SEAT Ibiza in Beaconsfield services car park (I needed a push to get out of the space)
2017.12.12: It was -4 degrees Celsius in the morning. My Lotus has been under the car cover since the 7th, so I’m a little worried about how well it has fared under the car cover - we’ll be checking soon.

Image: -4 degrees (coldest night of the year so far for Newbury)

Comments