2017.12.03: Sunday Lotus Meeting

My first visit to a Lotus meeting. I left home at 8am to get to the ‘Club Lotus Wessex Region’ Sunday meeting. This Sunday the meeting started at 09:30 at the Crown Hotel in Blandford Forum, at trip of some 66 miles.

Image: Trip to Blandford Forum

From Blandford Forum, we went in a Lotus convoy to the Bovington Tank Museum.

Image: Slightly muddy blue Lotus Elise at the Bovington Tank Museum

When I returned home, I checked the odometer and she’s on 3829 miles

4 months come up on the 17th December. Having the SEAT Ibiza means I can offload some miles (specifically work drives in rush hour - not fun in any car - and drives where the car parking is suspect); so I think she’ll not pass 4000 miles until after the 17th. I resist the temptation to go for a drive every day!

I’m starting to think the car cover is a waste of time. Unfortunately, the seams in the car cover act like a mild sand paper in windy conditions; I’ve noticed slightly dull marks in the otherwise great polish (protected by Autoglym’s Lifeshine - which doesn’t protect from rubbing car covers.) The shower cape might be the better option. To be continued...

Comments