2017.11.26: ‘Sunday Breakfast Run’ to Ikea

Since I’m getting a second car, it gives me more excuse than ever to go for a drive just for the pure pleasure of it. I always like to have some kind of destination, and I love an English breakfast; so my new idea is “the Sunday Breakfast Run”. This Sunday, I went to Ikea in Reading.

The temperature during the night time was barely above zero degrees, so there was salt on the roads. The temperature would not got over 6 degrees all day. The weather was otherwise nice and sunny, with beautiful clear blue skies, and a great excuse to take the top off (it’s an amusing sensation to be driving with the roof off on a cold winter’s day - very eccentrically British).

I first had to get some cash from the local Sainsbury’s, and stopped for fuel on the way there. My round trip was about 30 miles. After the trip, I gave the car a quick wash, spin around the block to dry the brake disks, and then back under the cover (I’m starting to reconsider whether I should be putting the car cover on all the time, there are some pressure/chafe marks where the cover sits/rubs in the wind - the idea of renting a garage/storage space is being entertained.)

Odometer is now 3643 miles.

Image: Lotus Elise parked in Ikea Reading Car Park
Image: Ikea Sunday Breakfast

Comments