2017.11.12: Classic Motor Show

It was an early start on Sunday to go up to Birmingham to see the final day of the ‘Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show’. I left home just before 6am, and was up before 8am. The trip was around 90 miles up, and 90 miles back again. My route took me up the A34 (which is a boring dual carriageway), then cross country via the A423 - it was a very nice route after getting off the A34. I also spotted a white Lotus Elan M100 going past in the opposite direction, and noticed the driver do the usual Lotus Fellowship flash of acknowledgement (apologies if you’re reading, I was driving with just my right-hand on the wheel, and too slow to flash.)

The Lotus Elise is now on 3033 miles driven, and I’ve owned it less than 3 months!

I will post some pictures from the show in a future post. Here’s my usual route graphic.

Image: Road to the Birmingham NEC


Comments