September 28th 2017: Trip to Hethel - Day 1 of 4 (Thursday)

Catching up from Wednesday 20th... Thursday 21st shopping trip. Friday 22nd car wash and car cover on.

On Thursday 28th of September, car cover off, and a trip to Hethel in Norfolk. I left around 10am so as to avoid rush hour and the afternoon school run. I took a stop off at Lotus Silverstone where they have an absolutely beautiful Lotus Evora Sport 410 GP Limited Edition (I can dream of one day having 2 Lotus!) Also had a stop for food. And arrived at the Old Thorn Barn B&B at around 3pm for my stay - I stayed for 3 nights (and will definitely stay again.)

I remembered to check my odometer on leaving (1224) and arrival (1408) and the trip was 184 miles.

Image: A Non-Motorway route to Hethel (not quite the route I took)

The Old Thorn Barn is a great B&B. It cost £41 per night (there’s a discount if you’re going to the Lotus Driving Academy). I stayed 3 nights and had an excellent Full English Breakfast every morning (I love a Full English). On the 1st night I did think it might be a little noisy - just door noise and corridor noise - this turned out not be so and I slept well (I’m a light sleeper). I also got a cigarette smell coming through the window (I think I was in room number 5), which is due to the smokers’ seat being right outside the window, if this has been more of an issue I’d have asked the owner to move the smokers’ area far from any window.

The Old Thorn Barn B&B is walking distance to the Lotus Factory (I didn’t walk though.)

Image: My room at the Old Thorn Barn B&B

Image: The on-suite had a bath and shower

Image: Breakfast at the Old Thorn Barn

Comments