Lotus Elise Update: 1st to 16th October 2017

After my return from Hethel on 1st October, I managed to resist using my Lotus Elise for nearly a week (apart from the odd shopping trip).

On Saturday 7th October, Shine effected a very good repair to my little bit of paintwork damage. I highly recommend Shine. It’s definitely worth paying for that Smart Insurance when you buy a car (I was able to transfer this insurance from my Audi S1 to my Lotus Elise.)

Image: https://shinerepair.com/ - thumbs up!

On Monday 9th October, a first trip to my work office in Uxbridge. I took the motorway route both ways, simply because it’s quicker and the Lotus Elise is perfectly fine on motorways (I just prefer to go off motorway for a more stimulating drive when I’m not time constrained.) Miles travelled: ~110

On Tuesday 10th October, a second trip to my work office in Uxbridge. I took a non-motorway route on the way in, and then motorway route on the way back. Miles travelled: ~100

On Saturday 14th October, a return trip to my Lotus Dealer in Wales to see if they can fix the squeak that appeared after the 1000-mile service. Again, this was motorway route (it was a little challenging trying to pay the toll on the Severn Crossing). Miles travelled: ~90

On Monday 16th October I collected my car from Wales. They were not able to fix the squeak on the day but have ordered some drivers seat rails, which will get installed in about a month's time. I took the motorway route back home. Miles travelled: ~90

Mileage is now just over 2000 miles after less than 2 months ownership! And I'm loving the Lotus Elise.

Comments