20th and 21st of October: Colchester Trip

On Friday 20th I needed to drive into Uxbridge for a meeting, then off to Colchester for some work on Saturday. Saturday 21st marked the first time I’ve driven my Lotus Elise to a customer’s site.

My trip to Uxbridge was via the M4 and around 55 miles - mostly M4, with a little bit of A4 and M25. The Lotus Elise is a perfectly capable motorway car, I have no problems motorway driving in the Lotus Elise - I do prefer to go off Motorway though, since it’s more fun!

After my meeting, it was a Friday evening drive (left around 6pm - still not a good time to drive on a Friday), avoiding motorways, to the Holiday Inn in Colchester (C06 3QL). I might have taken the odd wrong turn, but the route should have been mostly A406 (North Circular) and A12. In total around 80 miles. It was raining and a bit windy.

Image: My Lotus Elise at Holiday Inn Colchester
On Saturday 21st, I drove into the Colchester Business Park to meet up with a customer and do some work. Then the return journey took me some 180 miles past Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Bedford, Milton Keynes, and Oxford. It was a windy day, but otherwise fine. And the driving was good.

Image: Return Journey ~180 miles

After all that driving, the Elise is up to 2350 miles driven (in just over 2 months). Apart from the slightly squeaky seat which will get fixed in November, it’s all been good. I’m totally loving owning a Lotus Elise.

Image: Odometer to 2350 miles
Sunday was a chance to wash the car and put it back under the cover.

Comments