September 2nd 2017: Lotus Festival: ~185 miles (Clock to 590)

I left home on Friday the 1st of September. Filled up with Petrol (I think about £17), and made my way - in the Lotus Elise - towards Holiday Inn Maidstone/Sevenoaks. The route taken was avoiding motorways and via Bell & Colvill Lotus, a journey of 87 miles.

One thing I learnt was that if you can park with your nose slightly uphill that’s better, since when you open the doors they have a tendency to swing out wide if your nose is pointing downhill (I bumped my door against someone’s Range Rover whilst they were sitting in it and they understandably disapproved.)

On Saturday 2nd September: from the Holiday Inn it was just 7 miles to Brands Hatch and the Lotus Festival 2017. Here are some photos. I also did a YouTube playlist here.

Image: Lotus Festival Brands Hatch 2017 image 01 with Blue Lotus Elise and more

Image: Lotus Festival Brands Hatch 2017 image 02 with some lovely original Lotus Espirits

Image: Lotus Festival Brands Hatch 2017 Image 03 with some lovely Exiges

I left around 1400 to get back home (next year I’ll stay for the parade lap.) The journey back also avoided motorways just went through Croydon this time (I think the Bell & Colvill route was better) and worked out at 91 miles. We’re now up to 590 miles.

Image: Route in

Image: Route out


Comments