September 21st 2017: Paintwork Damage Update +

I’d enquired at the garage yesterday regards fixing my small bit of paintwork damage, and had been quoted £200. I think £200 is totally fair given that they’d need to repaint the door and the bit before the air-intake, to get things back to perfection. It would also require the car to be in the garage for 2 days, something I don’t have time to do yet.

Since I’m a bit clumsy and I might well prang my door again, and only have had the car 1 month; I went and put my clear gloss Gorilla tape over the bit of paintwork damage (to stop it flaking) - we’ll see how that goes (hope I can get the Gorilla Tape off without taking all the paint with it). On the 10th of October my Smart Insurance option - they use company called Shine (shinerepair.com) - will affect a repair (they might be angry at me for using the Gorilla Tape). If Shine can do magic, I’ll leave it for my next service to get the re-paint. Or I might take it the detailing shop down the road. To be continued...

Otherwise, I went shopping in my Lotus Elise, and filled up with Petrol (29.91 litres / £35.26 / 34mpg).

Image: Section to Re-Paint

Comments