September 20th 2017: After Sales Service (odometer to 1200m)

On Wednesday 20th, I drove the Lotus Elise back to Wales for its after sales service. The after sales service needs to be done between 1000m to 1500m (1500 - 2500km), is free, takes less than 6 hours, and it doesn’t have to be done at the dealership where you purchased the car (important to know if you live a long way away).

The motorway avoidance route taken was around 110 miles long, and much the same route taken back. And it was a good drive. My satnav directed me off the A40 in Wales - due to a holdup - down a lovely twisty B-road (think the B4521). There and back puts the car up to 1200 miles.

My Lotus ‘Maintenance Record’ records the mileage as 1089m at the service.

My courtesy car was a 1200c Vauxhall Adam and I must admit to not being impressed. The Adam is surely a girl’s car - you can’t say to your mates “I ride an Adam” with pride. In all fairness, coming out of the Lotus Elise with its perfect driving position and perfect handling, pretty much anything’s going to be a let-down. One day I might get a little run-around - it definitely will not be an Adam!

Image: Route to Cwmbran

Comments